Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Inaugural Post

I’m afraid the rumors are true…I am leaving Atlanta and the familiar world of Georgia politics to serve with a team of missionaries in Mbale, Uganda.

My recent visit to Mbarara, Uganda confirmed that working with missionaries was a dream that couldn’t just remain an idea – but instead an act of faith that needed to be put into action.

Updates will be coming soon. In the meantime – I’m raising financial support, so please let me know if you would like more information on how to support me or others who do good work in Uganda.

-Julie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Instead of the gods must be crazy, it's Julie must be crazy! Good title but I'm still proud of you.
Love, MOM

Don said...

Thanks for coming to help my countrymen. I hope you have a great time here.
Don-0782-607572

The Unlikely Homeschooler said...

WOW!! Not sure how I stumbled upon this, but how wonderful!! I look forward to reading all of your adventures. I'm thankful that our prayers were answered and you had a wonderful trip...just wow!!

Sandra said...

So proud of you!! I am also so glad that you are going to let us all share the experience through your blog. Love, Mrs. Sandra

The_Math_Teacher said...

You go, gurl! I am so excited for you. I know God will use you to do amazing things and you will never be the same again. Love you, Gayle Swafford