Friday, October 17, 2008

You Might Be A Redneck If...

Growing up in the country, I have seen a lot of different things in the back of pick-up trucks. It could be a load of hay, produce, fill dirt, or firewood. Maybe an old washer machine or an ugly old couch. I have even seen all my earthly belongings packed in the back of my dad’s truck a time or two. But this past Sunday on the way to church, I saw something propped in the back of a pick-up truck that I had never seen before….And no, it wasn’t 45 Ugandans squeezed together in the back – that is actually a normal sight around here. But what I saw was a wooden coffin being held steady by two men sitting next to it. What made it more bizarre was the comment from the missionary I was riding with. “They must be rich; you usually see coffins transported on bicycles.”

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Wow, what a reminder that you are a world away in more ways than one. I know you are bestowing blessings where you are, and we are so proud of you. Talked to your Mom yesterday and heard about all the innoculations and medicines they are taking in order to get to go see you. I believe they love you, girl. We do too. Mr. Al and Mrs. Sandra