Friday, April 10, 2009

Milestones

Last week I DROVE to Jinja to meet Sue and Maria.  Sue (my cousin) and Maria (my friend) were visiting from Georgia! I had so much fun arranging the logistics of their visit....brought back memories of my campaign scheduling days....only this was much more fun!!  

 

Back to the major milestone....I DROVE ALL THE WAY TO JINJA!  Dodging people, potholes, and bicycles....Overtaking slow moving trucks....Navigating unmarked detours....Defeating mountain-like speed bumps....Declaring to all of Uganda "I am not intimidated by your standard transmissions and erratic driving habits.....but, please don't hit me...."  

 

Also, while in town picking up our new dresses, my roommates and I got caught in a terrible storm.  This storm even "brought the ice."  This is the first time many Ugandans have ever witnessed a Hail Storm.  Pictures of both the ice and the new dress below!

3 comments:

Raechel Bowman said...

Julie! You look great! Love the dress! I can't beleive you got hail! We actually got hail this weekend too! How much longer? When is school out? Future plans?

The Unlikely Homeschooler said...

Love the dress!! And you have no idea how impressed I am that you did the driving...WOW!

MOM said...

Oh my beautiful daughter!! But please remember to the Ugandans that traffic laws are merely "suggestions". Daddy and I want to come back so you can chauffeur us yourself.