Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Romance in East Africa

I first wrote this in an email to a close friend several months ago.  She loved it and encouraged me to share it on my blog.  I was reluctant - but since others have recently asked if I've met any cute African Princes....I'll update you on the sad affair known as my romantic life (coming soon to a theatre near you): 

-I went to Kenya a few weeks ago with my roommates and we traveled around on our own adventure....we had a little bit of a schedule since we had booked some tours at game parks - but we tried to keep it free (which I loved and drove my roommates mad.)  While on safari at this place called Masai Mara our driver pulled up along another vehicle to chat with their driver.  In the other vehicle was one really cute blue-eyed shirtless man.  The kind that you dream meeting while he is discovering ancient temple ruins...think Indiana Jones-ish.  Well, the roofs of the safari vehicles pop up so that you can stand up and see the animals (or cute men).  So, I try to strike up a conversation.  Only he can't understand what I am saying because it turns out he is Italian.  "Oh Italy!" I exclaimed....then slyly smile and say "Ciao!" (laugh, but seriously...I did this....)  Then he asks "You country?" and I can't answer quickly enough..."America!" I blurt out. He instantly grins and responds "Ah, Texas???" ........... I stop smiling and just stare...."No - Atlanta, Georgia."  A little disappointed he responds "Oh, At-lan-ta".  We then smile at each other for a few more seconds before our drivers take off in opposite directions.  

So, there you have it - my brief blue-eyed Italian romance somewhere in southern Kenya. (Sigh)- 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

haha...that's awesome