Sunday, January 11, 2009

Good Morning!

It is 7am and I am bundled up on the front porch with my laptop.  I love being up early inUganda; It is the only time when it feels cold outside.  Hmm….cold….it is all relative.  In Georgia, we might call this just a little chilly, but I wrap the blanket tighter around my legs, hug the warm cup of tea and envision all the brown dusty grass suddenly as pure white snow.  Snow??? I am from GEORGIA for crying out loud, why am I homesick for snow???   Note to self:  No more watching White Christmas.  

The over eager birds who proudly call out to the world bring me back to reality.  Not to be outdone, the neighbor’s rooster, who as-a-matter-of-fact has been crowing since 5am, decides to dominate the morning symphony.  No playlist on my ipod can compete.


A picture from my breakfast spot at Bushara Island.


Ugandan sunrise while on safari with my parents at Murchison Falls.



2 comments:

Sandra said...

I love the first photo. I can just see Precious Ramotswe from the Ladies' Number one Detective Agency sitting there with her red tea. We miss you and keep you and your work in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

I too am a Ladies' Number One Detective Agency fan so it is not difficult to place my "Precious" daughter in such a location. I love you, Julie, and am proud of your love for God's creation even to the other side of the world.