Friday, January 30, 2009

You're Not Talking To The Hand....


Just wanted to ya'll know that we are having a ridiculous time with the power and internet lately.  The electricity has been very lazy and has not wanted to stay on for more than 3 consecutive hours at a time.  This has made responding to emails and posting new blogs very difficult - especially since my laptop battery is officially dead and I can't even turn my computer on when the power is off.  Errrrrr - How was it that Paul learned to be content in EVERY situation?

I'm really thankful for your emails - keep them coming - I'm not ignoring you!

By the way the picture above was taken at Messiah Theological Institute (MTI) - the Bible School that our team oversees.  This water pump was installed by our team and provides clean drinking water to anyone who wishes to use it.  So many biblical stories happened around water wells....I can't help but think of a different one each time I pass this water pump.


4 comments:

Sandra said...

I can just imagine your frustration when you lose power. what experiences you are having! How difficult it is for us to imagine life without clean water, but I know it is a reality in many parts of the world...blessings on you for being a part of those who are doing something to help. We love you!

Unknown said...

Never really thought about all the stories that did happen around the well till you said that. You are so right! Thanks for checking on Crystal this week. Moms worry more when their kids are sick and away from home.

Anonymous said...

I'm also trying to learn to be content in every situation, even the situation of missing you so much. I remember thinking when I saw that community well at MTI how much I take running water in my home for granted. Has the local govt. offered an explanation for the irregular (even more irregular than usual) power supply? It can't be because everyone is running their air conditioners! Well keep the blogs and emails coming when you can. I love hearing from you.

Courtney said...

Hey Julie! Sounds like your doing ok out there. Sorry about that electricity, that stinks! I'm going to try to send you pictures of Hunter & something else I bought for you but I lost your address, can you email it to me when you get a chance? My email is cek095@aol.com We love you! Hugs from Hunter to Aunt Julie! Take care of yourself!